BTEC Sport Level 3: National Extended Certificate in Sport
The Pearson BTEC National Extended Certificate in Sport is an Applied General qualification for post-16 learners who want to continue their education through applied learning and who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment in the sport sector. The qualification is equivalent to one A Level, and it has been designed as a full two-year programme when studied alongside a further Level 3 qualifications.
Learners will study three mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- Unit 3: Professional Development in the Sports Industry.
Learners will also choose one optional unit from a range which has been designed to support choices in progression to sport courses in higher education, and to link with relevant occupational areas.
What could this qualification lead to?
- · BA (Hons) in Sport Studies and Business
- · BSC (Hons) in Sport Psychology
- · BA (Hons) in Sports Education
- · BA (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Science