Thank you for your interest in Uxbridge High School
Please use the links on the right-hand side for information on joining Uxbridge High School.
Join the vibrant team at Uxbridge High School and contribute to a nurturing and innovative educational environment. At Uxbridge High School, we are dedicated to providing a dynamic classroom experience that fosters academic excellence and holistic development. Our unique approach to education encompasses structured 'meet, greet and seat' sessions, adaptive teaching methods tailored to individual needs, and a continuous focus on essential skills such as communication, literacy, and numeracy.
Through interactive lessons, comprehensive assessment strategies, and a commitment to fostering skills for future learning and employment, we empower our students to thrive academically and beyond. Become part of our mission to shape young minds and futures at Uxbridge High School.
The UHS Classroom:
- All lessons start with 'meet, greet and seat' followed by a ‘Do Now’ activity. We 'end and send'.
- Adaptive teaching and intervention from the teacher to meet the needs of individuals.
- We teach communication, literacy, and numeracy at every opportunity.
- Questioning is used to assess knowledge and deepen thinking.
- Retrieval practice is used to recall knowledge in line with curriculum sequencing.
- Interleaving is used to make connections and enable problem-solving, evaluation, and analysis.
- Lessons include opportunities for both guided and independent practice. Guided practice includes teacher to student and student to student activities.
- Timely assessment and feedback methods are used to motivate and encourage progress.
- Assessment data and software is used to accurately track progress and forecast grades.
- We explicitly teach skills for future learning and employment.