RSC Film Challenge Showcase: FOR THE GOOD OF ROME
- Residential trip to Stratford-upon-Avon – includes workshops on Henry V and tickets to see the performance.
- Professor Green and Meera Syal visit to UHS (click link below).
- 2 Inset days for Uxbridge High School (UHS) and cluster school staff with Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) Director Mentor, Aileen Gonsalves.
- Intermission Youth Theatre (IYT) trip to ‘Rise and Fall’.
- 2 cast workshops from RSC Director Mentor, Aileen Gonsalves, in preparation for the Festival.
- RSC Festival – ‘The Dream’ – 21st March at UHS and 22nd March at Arts Educational Schools.
- Regional Schools Celebration in Stratford-upon-Avon on 5th July 2016, including a Symposium to mark the 10 year anniversary of the Learning and Performance Network.
- RSC hosted 2 Inset days for Uxbridge High School (UHS) and cluster school staff.
- Launch event – including an evening of celebration – Verona Road performed by Intermission Youth Theatre (IYT) to parents, cluster school students and UHS students. Shakespeare ambassadors performed ‘Pop-up’ Shakespeare to the audience over canapés. Lizzie Rawlinson opened the evening with a speech.
- Years 10 and 11 visit to IYT’s production of ‘Taming Who?’
- Residential trip to Stratford-upon-Avon – includes workshops on Henry IV Part 1 and tickets to see the performance.
- Live broadcasts of Henry IV Part 2, Loves Labours Lost and Loves Labours Won were shown to Years 12 and 13 Performing Arts students.
- UHS and cluster schools sharing event. Performance of Shakespeare in Uxbridge town centre. Each school performed a scene from Shakespeare’s plays that explored the theme of ‘the end of the line’ and performed on the street to a passing public audience.
- School production of Macbeth.
- PGCert in the Advanced Teaching of Shakespeare
- 3 Inset days for teachers – 2 for Uxbridge High/ one for potential cluster schools
- Young People’s Shakespeare Production 11th and 12th March 2014
- Visit to see Intermission Youth Theatre (IYT) ‘HMP Macbeth’ for Years 10 and 11
- IYT bring ‘Verona Road’ to UHS and perform in front of Year 10 Students
- Year 9 More Able students trip to see ‘Matilda the Musical’
- Years 12 and 13 visit to see ‘Richard II’ starring David Tennant in the Barbican
- Live Broadcast of Richard II to Year 10 and More Able Year 9 students. Visitors included Lucy Bampton from the Arts Council (Senior Officer of Cultural Education) and Jacqui O’Hanlon, Director of Education at the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC).
- Nicola Marsh visits the House of Commons for Shakespeare’s 400th Birthday.
- Visit to the RSC in Stratford-upon-Avon to meet Prince Charles.
- School production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- Jacqui O'Hanlon, RSC Director of Education, is our special guest at KS3 Presentation Evening in June