Skip to content ↓

Uxbridge High School

Arriving late to school

Between 8.40am and 8.50am, your child should go straight to their form room.  If they arrive after 8.50am, your child should go to Student Services and sign in the Late Book.


Dental/medical appointments

Your child should bring a note in to school signed by you, explaining the reason for leaving early. Before leaving school, your child must go to Student Services, show the note to a member of staff and sign out.


I have to collect my child from school in an emergency

Go to Main Reception.  A member of staff will collect your child from their lesson.  They will need to sign out at Student Services before they can leave with you.


If I have a query concerning my child, who can help?

Form tutors are the first point of contact.  If the form tutor is unable to help or if your query is regarding behaviour, contact your child's House Guidance Leader.  All attendance concerns - House Admin Officer.  Medical issues or concerns - School Welfare Officer.  Subject specific information or concerns - subject teacher or Curriculum Leader.  Please see our Key Staff for details.


My child has lost something, what should they do?

Lost property is kept in Student Services.  All property should be marked with your child's name. Mobile phones, along with other articles of value, e.g. jewellery, ipods or any other handheld electrical equipment should not be bought in to school as the school cannot take responsibility for loss or damage to such items.


My child doesn't feel well, what should they do?

They should tell their teacher, who may send them to the Medical Room.  If necessary, the Welfare Officer will contact you to advise your child is unwell.


My child will not be in school today, what should I do?

Contact the school by telephone 01895 234060 and press 1 for student absence.  Leave a message on this voicemail.


I believe my child is entitled to free school meals, how do I apply?

Go to our Catering page and complete the online free school meal form, found at the bottom of this page.  You will be immediately given the answer as to whether you are entitled or not.


I believe I may be entitled to a uniform grant, how do I apply?

Go to our Uniform and Equipment page and complete the online uniform assistance form.  This will be sent to our finance department, who will make a decision and advise you of the outcome.