Alex is part of the Younger Members Hillingdon Youth Council, which is an organisation devoted to helping the local community
Alex has been part of this group since the beginning of year 7. There have been many projects that Alex has been involved :
• Helping to create a garden for a local special needs school, Merryfield House
• Completing a charity walk for Great Ormond Street Hospital which raised £500
• Selling Cakes for the Philippines Relief Effort.
• Alex is also currently helping to create a vegetable garden for the Incredible Edibles organisation in the Civic Centre
• He made £123 for “Make a Wish Foundation” in a sponsored bake sale, which Alex led
• Alex at this moment is organising a sponsored carol singing for the homeless in Uxbridge and also during the Christmas period is going to give presents to socially disadvantaged children.
In the future Alex is planning with this group..
• to lead on a sponsored run for the “Make a Wish Foundation”